The U.S. Olympic Committee (USOC) has announced the winners of the annual Paralympic Amazing Awards, which are presented to individuals and organizations that have had a significant impact on the paralympic movement. The awards were presented throughout the 2011 USOC Paralympic Leadership Conference, held April 29-May 2, at the U.S. Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs, Colo.
“The Paralympic Amazing Awards provide an opportunity to recognize those who are working tirelessly to help persons with physical and visual disabilities live healthy, active lives,” Scott Blackmun., chief executive officer, USOC, stated in a press release. “The USOC is committed to supporting the growth of paralympic sport across the country and we are proud to honor all who are working toward this goal.”
The award winners included:
- Kelly Behlmann, Disabled Athlete Sports Association, St. Louis — Amazing Leader Award;
- Champions Made From Adversity, Paralympic Sport Augusta — Amazing Sport Club Award;
- The honorable Jim Langevin and the honorable Dave Reichert — Amazing Investor Awards;
- The Hartford, “Achieve Without Limits” campaign — Amazing Impact Award;
- Gabe Diaz de Leon — Amazing Mentor Award; and
- Janis Rosnowski, Operation Comfort — Amazing Salute Award.