The American Board for Certification in Orthotics, Prosthetics and Pedorthics Inc. (ABC) 2010 Annual Report is now available on the ABC website. The report summarizes the organization’s successes and provides data on the total number of certified individuals and accredited facilities.
In the 2010 Annual Report, each of ABC’s five core departments provide statistical analysis and highlight the accomplishments that have helped to strengthen and improve ABC’s contribution to the profession. Again in 2010, ABC enjoyed significant growth in its credentialing and facility accreditation programs, a testament to the high standards and quality services that ABC offers, according to the release.
Included in the report is a message from D. Deane Doty, Jr., CPO, ABC’s 2010 president, which provided an overview of the organization’s year-long strategic successes.
Successes in 2010 include:
· ABC exceeded last year’s record for the number of accredited facilities choosing ABC — a total of 8,381 facilities applied or renewed their existing accreditation;
· A total of 1,170 newly certified individuals were added to the ABC family in 2010 — bringing the total number of ABC-certified professionals to 13,105;
· The continuing education department approved more courses and processed more credits for certifees than in any year in ABC’s history;
· Marketing efforts continued to advance the professional look and information available to the profession; and
· ABC unveiled the redesigned consumer website OandPCare.org, adding valuable information about choosing and working with practitioners, pedorthists and fitters.
For more information: