Fourteen members of the Orthotic and Prosthetic Group of America (OPGA) and POINT Health Centers of America have received the 2012 OPGA/POINT Freedom Award for service to veterans and active duty soldiers.
The award recognizes practices that have provided orthotic and prosthetic fitting or rehabilitation to members of the military who have been wounded in action.
“Every day, more and more of our brave men and women suffer amputations resulting from wounds and injuries received in combat,” Dennis Clark, CPO, president of OPGA/POINT, stated in a press release. “Thanks to the contributions of these independent providers, these wounded American heroes are able to return to active lives, and in some cases, active duty.”
This year’s honorees are:
- Abilities Unlimited Inc., Colorado Springs, Colo.
- Ability Orthopedics, Midwest City, Okla.
- Alabama Artificial Limb & Orthopedic Service Inc., Montgomery, Ala.
- Allegheny Orthotics and Prosthetics, Altoona, Pa.
- Birmingham Limb & Brace, Birmingham, Ala.
- Choice Orthotics and Prosthetics, Knoxville, Tenn.
- Clark & Associates Prosthetics and Orthotics, Waterloo, Iowa
- Lexington Prosthetics and Orthotics Inc., West Columbia, S.C.
- Monroe Bio Technology, Green Bay, Wis.
- Orthotic Prosthetic Specialists, Munster, Ind.
- SRT Prosthetics and Orthotics LTD, Bryan, Ohio
- Stubbs Prosthetics & Orthotics, Chattanooga, Tenn.
- Victory Orthotics & Prosthetics Inc., Johnson City, Tenn.
- Yale Surgical, Bridgeport, Conn.